Sarvangasana or Shoulderstand Pose
Sarvangasana is a yoga posture practised with the support of the shoulders, in which the entire body is balanced on the shoulders. This is also a part of Padma Sadhana Yoga. ‘Sarva’ means all, ‘Anga’ means body part, and ‘Asana’ is the pose. Sarvangasana, as the name indicates. It affects the functioning of all parts of your body. This asana is extremely beneficial in maintaining mental and physical health and is also known as the ‘queen of asanas.’
Read More: Yoga Teacher Training in India
This asana exercises all the parts of the body; hence, it is called Sarvangasana (whole-organ-asana). In English, this asana is also called Shoulder Stand Pose. The procedure and benefits of performing congregations are given below.
How to do Sarvangasana or Shoulderstand Pose
If you have any problems like high or low blood pressure, glaucoma, thyroid, neck, or shoulder injury, be sure to consult the doctor or Art of Living instructor before doing this asana.
- To practice this asana, first lie down on the back by laying a mat.
- It would be good to choose a ventilated place to practice all-round administration.
- When you lie down, put both your legs together and keep the whole body straight.
- Now breathe in and out slowly and lift the legs upwards.
- In this activity, first, raise the legs, then the waist, then after that, raise the section to your chest.
- While doing this activity, keep the feet straight, do not let your knees bend.
- To support your waist, support your waist by bending your elbow at the waist.
- In this posture, the entire weight of the body rests on the shoulders. So, in this case, keep the area from your shoulder to elbow close to the ground.
- When you do this, then you will have some of your chest.
- Now stretch your legs upward and stretch, and remain in this position for a few seconds while stabilizing the body.
- In this state, you have to breathe in and out normally.
- By the time you get the good practice of this, you can increase the time of practicing asana up to 3 minutes.
- Now to get back to a normal state, leave the body loose, and bend your knees and come back to normal.
- After this, rest for 20 seconds.
- Perform this action 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Sarvangasana or Shoulderstand Pose
Sarvangasana Yoga – beneficial in many diseases of the body.
We often hear that we get to benefit from practicing yoga asanas. Some asanas of yoga are helpful in increasing the length, while some asanas help in reducing body fat. Each posture has its significance.
However, in today’s busy lifestyle, not everyone has so much time to spend much time daily for every rug, in such a situation, they need a posture that only with 15-20 minutes of practice The body gets many benefits.
Sarvangasana means all organs and postures. As the name suggests, this posture is helpful in exercising parts of our entire body. This exercise full limbs, so this asana is full of many benefits. It is also known as Shoulder Stand Pose.
This posture is a bit difficult to perform because it carries the entire weight of your body on your shoulders. Therefore this asana should be done under the instruction of Yoga teacher. For its growth and other benefits, come to know Sarvangasana
- Activates and nourishes Thyroid and Paravillary glands.
- Strengthens hands and shoulders and makes back more flexible.
- Nourishes the brain by transporting more blood.
- Activates the muscles of the heart and carries pure blood to the heart.
- Relieves constipation and activates digestion.
- In Sarvangasana, blood circulation to the head is very good, so by doing this, the problem of hair loss ends.
- This makes both your shoulders and back strong, as well as brings flexibility in them.
- Shoulder Stand Yoga removes problems related to menstruation, such as irregular menstruation, abdominal pain during this period.
- Due to this, there are many problems related to digestion; it does not cause constipation, etc.
- By doing this, the brain becomes sharp, memory changes, and the problem of stress is overcome.
- For those who are suffering from asthma, this practice of Sarvangasana gives great benefits.
- This makes the pituitary gland functional, due to which it increases the length. Like posture, this posture is also helpful in increasing the length.
- By doing this asana, the blood flow to your face remains good, which removes wrinkles of the face.
- It removes the pimples of your face, and it makes your face beautiful and attractive.
- This asana purifies the body, so it does not accumulate fat in the body, so those who want to reduce obesity must do this asana.
The contradiction of Sarvangasana or Shoulderstand Pose
If you have any of the following problems, be sure to consult your doctor before going for pregnancy. Pregnancy, Menstruation, Hypertension, Heart disease, Glaucoma, Slip disc, Spondylosis, Neck pain or severe thyroid problems
Get in Touch: YTTI, Tapovan Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, 249201, India +91-9319065118