Paschimottanasan or Sitting Forward Bend Pose
Learn about Paschimottanasana Yoga method, steps, benefits, benefits of Paschimottanasana, method of doing and precautions. Paschimottanasana, Benefits of Paschimottanasana, How to do Paschimottanasana.
While practicing this asana, stretch occurs in the back part of the body ie the spine, hence this asana is called Paschimottanasana. Here West means not the west direction but the back part. Paschimottanasan seems very easy to see but actually practicing this asana is quite difficult.
Book TTC: Yoga Teacher Training India
By doing this asana, the entire body part gets stretched and it is very beneficial for the body. Paschimottanasan acts like a panacea for people who have diabetes and helps to relieve the symptoms of this disease. Apart from this, this asana is considered very beneficial for people suffering from hypertension.
Process of Paschimottanasana or Sitting Forward Bend Pose
- Sit with the legs spread out in front, the spine should be straight, fingers are taut.
- While breathing, raise both hands above the head and pull.
- While exhaling, lean forward from the hips joint, towards the chin toes, keeping the spine straight, focus your attention on moving the claws instead of bending over the knees.
- Put your hands on the feet, wherever they reach, without extra effort. If you can grab your claw and pull it will help you bend forward.
- Breathing in, raise the head slowly so that a spinal strain is produced.
- While exhaling, gently move the navel towards the knee.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times.
- Tilt the head down and breathe deeply for 20-60 seconds.
- Extend the hands to the front.
- Take a breath and sit back, coming back with the strength of your hands.
- Exhale, bring the hands down.
Paschimottanasana is practiced on an empty stomach. But if you want to practice this asana after having a meal for some reason, then make sure that you have food for about 6 hours before doing the asana. After digesting food properly, the body gets enough energy to practice asana. The best time to practice this Yogasan is in the morning but it can also be practiced in the evening.
Benefits of Paschimottanasan or Sitting Forward Bend Pose
- This easy exercise of the lower back, thigh and hips muscles is done.
- Massage of abdominal and lower abdominal organs is done through this asana.
- Exercise of the shoulder.
Benefits of Paschimottanasan in relieving stress
Performing Paschimottanasana creates a stretch in the head and neck muscles along with the entire body, due to which this asana is very helpful in relieving stress, anxiety, and brain problems. Apart from this, it also removes anger and irritability and keeps the mind calm.
Benefits of doing Paschimottanasan in removing belly fat
While practicing Paschimottanasana in the right way, the muscles of the abdomen are pulled, due to which the fat stored in the stomach and surrounding areas is removed.
Benefits of doing Paschimottanasan in making bones flexible
Paschimottanasan produces spinal stretch and makes them flexible. Apart from this, by practicing this asana, the length of a person also increases very easily.
Benefits of Paschimottanasan in removing impotence
Paschimottasanasana is an asana, which is practiced daily to remove impotence and increase a person’s sexual power. Apart from this, the pelvic organs are also well toned.
Benefits of doing Paschimottanasana for women
After delivery, after daily practice of Paschimottanasana, the body of the women regains its initial shape and reduces the fat of the abdomen and hips. Apart from this, menstruation also happens properly by doing this asana.
Paschimottanasana is beneficial for better digestion
By doing Paschimottanasan, digestion is better and due to non-digestion, the problem of constipation and sour belching often goes away. Apart from this, by practicing this asana daily, the kidneys, liver, uterus and ovaries of women are more active.
Benefits of Paschimottanasan to overcome insomnia problem
By practicing this asana, the person sleeps properly and the problem of insomnia is overcome. Apart from this, this asana is also beneficial in removing the problem of high blood pressure, infertility and diabetes.
Precautions while performing Paschimottanasana or Sitting Forward Bend Pose
Practicing any asana has its advantages as well as some disadvantages. But usually the loss occurs when there is a particular problem in the body and we are practicing a posture ignoring it. Let us know what precautions should be taken in Paschimottanasana.
- Pregnant women should avoid doing Paschimottanasana.
- People suffering from diseases such as slip disc, sciatica, asthma and ulcers should avoid doing this asana.
- A person suffering from diarrhea should not do this asana with back and back pain.
- If there is any type of surgery in the body, then this asana should be avoided.
- Paschimottanasana should not be practiced if any abdominal organ has been operated.
Get in Touch: YTTI, Tapovan Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, 249201, India +91-9319065118