Method and benefits of performing Urdhva Dhanurasana (Chakrasana)
Urdhva Dhanurasana is named after a combination of two words: Urdhva and Dhanur. Urdhva means upward and Dhanur means bow. Urdhva Dhanurasana is a difficult asana, before doing this, make sure that your waistline is fully flexible. If there is any doubt, then do not do Dhanurasana vertically and do Sethubandhasan instead. Urdhva Dhanurasana is also known as Wheel Pose.
Read More: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Further in this article, know how to do Urdhva Dhanurasana, benefits and what precautions should be taken while doing this asana.
Benefits of Upward Dhanurasana (Chakrasana)
Like every posture, Urdhva Dhanurasana also has many benefits. Some of them are:
- Causes soreness in the chest and lungs.
- Vertical corpuscles strengthen the legs, buttocks, spine, arms, and wrists.
- Stimulates the thyroid and pituitary glands.
- Vertical coronation increases physical and mental energy and reduces depression.
- It is therapeutic for asthma, back pain, infertility and osteoporosis.
- Chakrasana is a good asana for strengthening the spinal bone of our body. This brings flexibility in the bone of the spinal, as a person grows in age, his or her vertebral bone starts to compress. Apart from this, Chakrasana strengthens hands, wrists, feet, shoulders etc.
- Regular exercise of Chakrasana can reduce obesity by reducing your weight. It reduces the fat stored in the stomach. This asana increases the capacity of lungs which the body circulates more oxygen.
- Chakrasana is a good asana for stimulating the thyroid gland and pituitary gland. When the gland is stimulated, it secretes hormones more, which makes you excited and reduces stress. It extends to the hips with flexibility in the hips.
- By doing chakrasana our chest develops. Which makes it look beautiful. This makes us feel good in ourselves, which makes you feel more comfortable interacting with people and helps in building good relations with people.
- Doing yoga with chakrasana cures many types of diseases like infertility, asthma, and osteoporosis, etc. Regularly using this asana improves cardiovascular health.
- All types of diseases are the root of our stomach, due to the lack of proper digestion, many diseases arise, Chakrasana helps to cure the digestive system of our stomach and cures various types of stomach related problems.
Read More: Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
Method of performing Urdhva Dhanurasana (Chakrasana)
We are giving here a detailed method of doing Urdhva Dhanurasana, read it carefully.
- Lie flat on your back. Keep your arms straight along the length of the body.
- Bring your legs as close to your hips as you can by turning your legs.
- Keep hands close to the head. The distance between the hands should be the same as that between the legs.
- Raise the hips up by putting weight on the feet.
- Now by putting weight on the hands, lift the shoulders and then the torso and start straightening the arms. Come up until your arms are completely straight. Inhale as you rise.
- Keep feet firmly fixed. Fold the back as much as you want. Do not force your back.
- Focus the vision between the hands.
- Stay in the posture for 5-10 seconds, then hold the head back on the floor. Exhale while coming down.
- Repeat 2-3 times. If it is not so, do as much as you can.
- Steps in reverse order to make it easy to pull out.
The easy method of Urdhva Dhanurasana (Chakrasana)
- If you find it difficult to do the Urdhva Dhanurasana, then you can do Sethubandhasan instead.
- To make this asana easy, you can place a yoga block under your hands. Keep the blocks adjacent to one wall so that they do not slip.
What are the precautions to be taken in performing Dhanurasana (Chakrasana)
- Do not do this asana if you have back injury.
- Those with carpal tunnel syndrome should not perform vertical buccal cavity.
- Do not do this asana if you are pregnant.
- Do not perform vertically if you have diarrhoea, heart problems, high blood pressure or low blood pressure.
- Do not push more than your physical capacity.
Get in Touch: YTTI, Tapovan Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, 249201, India +91-9319065118