In Western medicine, sinusitis is considered to be the result of allergies.
How yoga is beneficial for sinus
Yoga provides relief not only from sinusitis but also from problems caused by it, such as migraine and blocked nose. Apart from this, yoga relaxes the muscles of the lower part of the nose which are swollen due to sinusitis. Throat pipes also get cleaned with breathing exercises or pranayamas, and one gets relief from the cough or any throat related problem.
Read More: Yoga Teacher Training India
Do sinusitis treatment with anulom vilom pranayama
Anulom vilom Pranayama, which is a type of Nadiashodhan Pranayama, purifies all the pulse well by doing daily. Due to this, it is easy to breathe and leave. This pranayama specifically removes the blockage from all the pulse and due to this the effect of energy in the body increases. Everyone should do Anulom vilom Pranayam, especially if you are suffering from sinusitis. Do Anulom vilom Pranayama for 2-3 minutes and as the practice progresses, it can be prolonged.
Kapalbhati Pranayama is beneficial in sinus problem
Kapalbhati Pranayama strengthens the Nervous System. It is very useful for patients with sinusitis, as it stimulates the entire respiratory system, and reduces inflammation by relaxing the nasal muscles. Do Kapalbhati Pranayama for 1-2 minutes and as the practice progresses, it can be prolonged.
Uttanasana is a panacea for sinus
Uttanasana increases energy in the head and respiratory organs and helps clean the sinus glands. This opens your sinuses and helps in opening the closed nose. Do Uttanasana for 1-2 minutes, and as the practice progresses, it can be prolonged.
Treat sinusitis with Karnapidasan Pranayama
In Karnapidasana, your body is in the blind position and you press the ears with your legs. Both of these remove mucus from the sinuses and have great benefit in colds or sinusitis. Do karnapidasana only for 1-2 minutes in the beginning.
Do Sarvangasana to treat sinus disease
Sarvangasana is particularly capable of relieving sinusitis. Do it for as long as you can without hassle. It would be a matter of some surprise if you do feel your sinus glands empty. Do this asana for 1-2 minutes in the beginning, and then gradually increase the duration as the exercise progresses.
Sinus disease eradicated by breathing
In Shavasana, your body is in the most comfortable position. This asana is definitely at the end of yoga practice. Do this asana for 5-10 minutes.
Other Yoga for Sinus
- Water neti is very beneficial for sinusitis. But do it only under the supervision of a particular person.
- The sutra neti is also very beneficial for sinusitis. But do it only under the supervision of a particular person.
- Take special care of food (eg don’t eat fried).
- Avoid intense smell like perfume.
Keep these things in mind:
- Remember that you get relief from yoga practice only after continuous practice and get it slowly.
- For this, joint pain does not increase with posture, during this exercise, take the help of such things as the support of objects, pillows and other devices that support the body.
- Do not stress more than your physical ability. If the pain increases, stop the practice immediately and consult a doctor.