Benefits and ways of doing Half Spinal Twist Pose or Ardh Matsyendrasana
Ardh Matsyendrasana is composed of Sanskrit words Ardh, Matsya, Indra and Asan. Where Ardha means half-fish means Pisces or fish Indra means king and Asana means mudra. This posture was named Matsyendrasana after Yogi Matsyendranath. This asana is also called Vakrasana. Ardh Matsyendrasana is not very easy like other asanas, so most people initially practice this asana under the supervision of a yoga expert. But after a few days of practice, this asana becomes quite easy to do. Almost the entire body, including the spine and legs, is involved in this asana, so in terms of health, it is beneficial for various body parts.
Read More: Yoga Teacher Training India
Method of doing
This asana is a bit complicated, so first of all, the practice should be started by knowing the right ways to do it. Let us know what is the way to do half Matsyendrasana.
- Sit in Dandasana.
- Press the ground with light hands, and breathe in and lengthen the spine.
- Bend the left leg and bring the left leg on the ground by bringing it above the right knee.
- Bend the right leg and place the foot comfortably on the ground near the left buttock.
- Bring the right hand over the left foot and hold the left toe.
- Exhaling bend the torso as much as possible, and bend the neck so that the left shoulder can focus.
- Rest your left hand on the ground, and inhale normally.
- This is the currency of Ardh Matsyendrasana.
- See the picture below. Stay in the pose for 30-60 seconds.
- To get out of the pedestal, do all the steps in reverse order.
- All these steps should be repeated on the other side as well.
The right time to do Ardh Matsyendrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose
Ardh Matsyendrasana should be practiced in the early morning. But if for some reason you are not able to practice this asana in the morning then you can do it in the evening. But before practicing Ardha matsyendrasana you have to keep in mind that your stomach is completely empty stomach, i.e. you have already eaten four to six hours before doing this asana so that the food is easily digested. Remember, any posture is benefited only by following all the rules of the posture.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose
Like other asanas, doing Ardha matsyendrasana also has various benefits to the body. Let us know about these benefits.
Benefits of doing Ardh Matsyendrasana in strengthening abs
By practicing Ardh Matsyendrasana daily, the abs are strengthened, and this asana also serves to tone them. Apart from this, doing this asana also strengthens the muscles.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana in making the body flexible
By regularly practicing this asana, the body becomes flexible, and especially the hip and spine are flexible. In addition, this asana is also beneficial for the shoulders and neck and fills the body with energy.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana in keeping internal organs clean
Practicing Ardha matsyendrasana daily brings out toxins deposited inside the body; it does not cause untimely diseases and protects the body.
Benefits of doing Ardh matsyandrasana in improving digestion
By practicing this asana in the morning every day, the waste accumulated in the body comes out, and the digestion process is strengthened. By doing this asana, food is digested very easily, and there is no feeling of constipation or heaviness in the body.
Ardh Matsyendrasana is beneficial in removing fatigue
By practicing Ardh Matsyendrasana daily, the discomfort or pain in the menstrual period is eliminated. This asana prevents fatigue in the body and helps to overcome the problem of sciatica.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana in stimulating the organs
By practicing this asana, the kidneys, liver, heart, and spleen are stimulated and do their work smoothly and correctly. This protects the body from all kinds of diseases because all these organs are the organs performing important functions of the body.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana in removing body heat
By practicing Ardh Matsyendrasana properly, it helps to remove excess heat inside the body and also removes harmful substances gathered in the body parts and cells.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana in removing infertility
It is believed that by performing Matsyandrasana, the problem of infertility in women is eliminated, and by practicing this asana properly, the reproductive power also increases. This asana proves to be very beneficial in the treatment of asthma and in relieving the symptoms of asthma.
Benefits of Ardh Matsyendrasana in increasing appetite
By practicing this asana, the body remains more active, and the problem of loss of appetite also goes away. The biggest advantage of doing this asana is that the digestive system is strong, and hunger is also felt on time.
Precautions while doing Ardh matsyandrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose
- Ardh Matsyendrasana should not be done during menstruation and pregnancy. Otherwise the woman may have severe problems.
- If a person has undergone brain surgery, heart, stomach, and bone, and vertebral surgery, then he should avoid doing Ardha matsyendrasana.
- Patients suffering from peptic ulcer and hernia should not practice this asana.
- If there is a serious problem or injury to the spinal cord, then Ardha matsyendrasana should not be done in this situation.
Get in Touch: YTTI, Tapovan Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, 249201, India +91-9319065118