Anulom Vilom Pranayama method and benefits
‘Pranayama’ is a Sanskrit word derived from the ‘prana’ means breath and ‘Ayam’ means ‘take and drop’. This whole word means to breathe and leave. Breathing and exhaling through the nose is not the only pranayama but it is the source of controlling prana or life force.
Pranayama is a yoga asana and is related to the fifth and sixth centuries in ancient India. Pranayama is also mentioned in ‘Bhagavad Gita’. Today Pranayama is done all over the world but it has started from India itself. Apart from calming the mind, Pranayama is also helpful in treating many diseases especially stress-related problems. Yogis and researchers also recommend doing pranayama for the treatment of brain-related diseases.
Read More: Yoga in Rishikesh
Though Pranayama is done in many ways but ‘Anulom Vilom’ is the most popular and beneficial. Anulom means straight and Vilom means vice versa. Anulom is related to the right nostril of the nose and the anterior end of the nose. In this type of pranayama, the breath is breathed in from the right orifice of the nose and the breath is exhaled from the left orifice. It is beneficial for the brain, heart and body.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is a very important yogasana which is very beneficial for the body
The more you do this yoga asana, the better it is for the body. If you want, you can do Anulom Vilom 3-4 times a day.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is very easy yoga and people of all ages can do it. This improves breathing. This pranayama should be done in quiet places such as river banks, gardens or open fields to get maximum oxygen.
You can do Anulom Vilom once every 4-5 hours after a meal. Anulom Vilom Pranayama balances the Tridosha (baat, Pit, Kapha) of the human body. The human body remains healthy on the strength of these tribulations.
Note: No woman should do Anulom Vilom Pranayama during pregnancy and menstruation. Also, patients associated with heart disease, do not forget to consult your doctor before performing this Anulom Vilom Pranayama and do not do this Pranayama aloud.
So let’s know about the benefits, methods and precautions of Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama
The benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama are as follows –
- Anulom Vilom pranayama cleanses the nadis or pranic channels and makes the flow of prana throughout the body.
- Not only this, it makes the channels pure. Hence, this pranayama is also called pulse resection pranayama.
- It removes toxins from the body.
- It is therapeutic for stress, depression and heart-related problems.
- It improves your concentration.
- Increases skin shine.
- It improves blood circulation as well as calms the mind.
- It also strengthens the digestive system.
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama is very beneficial to relieve anxiety and tension of the mind.
- High blood pressure / high blood pressure/hypertension is also overcome by Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
- Anulom Vilom yoga does not have any kind of side effects and you can lose weight with its help.
- Blockage in the heart is removed by this asana.
- Complaints of migraine/migraine pain are also relieved.
- This pranayama is beneficial in removing constipation or acidity.
- Anulom Vilom pranayama has also proved to be very beneficial for asthma patients.
- Many types of allergies are also overcome by this asana.
Method of performing Anulom Vilom Pranayama
Here we are giving the detail of Anulom Vilom Pranayam in detail, read it carefully.
- Sit in any comfortable posture. Padmasana is best, but Siddhasana or Vajrasana is also fine if you cannot do Padmasana. If it is not possible to sit down, then you can also sit on the chair.
- Close the right nostril with the thumb of your right hand. Inhale through the left nostril. Inhale slowly – count up to five in the mind. The left hand should rest on the left knee, keep the chin posture with this hand.
- Now release the right nostril, close the left nostril with the ring finger of the hand. Exhale from left nostril while counting to five.
- This completed the one-way order.
- Now inhale, counting up to five from the left nostril. Then release this nut and close the right nostril and inhale from it.
- This is a sequence of Anulom Vilom Pranayam.
- If it can be for 1 minute, then do it for 1 minute. If possible, please delay more. Do not exceed 2 minutes in the beginning. Increase the duration and count over time.
- Be careful not to stop breathing at all. Breathing is a more difficult form of pranayama which you do not do at the beginning.
Easy way to do Anulom Vilom Pranayama
If the count of 5 is more, then reduce it according to your needs.
What are the precautions to be taken in doing Anulom Vilom Pranayam
- Do Anulom Vilom Pranayama empty stomach.
- If possible, do it in the morning, otherwise do it in the evening at sunset. Only after 3 hours from lunch.
- It should begin under the supervision of a good yoga guru.
Get in Touch: YTTI, Tapovan Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, 249201, India +91-9319065118